Re: MiNT crashed (authoritetive response ;))

Hello,

That assert you've seen occurs in the following condition:

1) INIT is MiNTOS
2) GEM was or has been active (executed from login or from textshell)
3) INIT process quits

It seems there's a conflict between MINTOS and GEM. There's no problem
if INIT=MiNTOS or INIT=GEM. THe problem occurs only if they two are (or
were) present in the system. Generally, it seems it more GEM problem, than
MiNT kernel one.

As for quitting MiNTOS, I have no clue. This happened for me once so far
(i.e. the INIT process quitted without a reason, just a telnet connection
came from the network, login was executed, the user logged in, worked for
a while, and did logout; at this moment the system exited to TOS with all
messages it normally does, i.e. "exiting on signal 15", "Syncing disks"
etc.)

Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail:draco@bl.pg.gda.pl
http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus/

** Quem Iuppiter vult perdere, dementat prius.
** Kogo Jowisz chce zgubic, temu wpierw rozum odbiera.