Re: toswin II 2.1

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Katherine L Ellis wrote:

> hi, just got this version.

Is this an "official" version from Christian, or is it the one on Petr
Stehlik's homepage with mine and Petr's patches?

> If I launch run bash or tcsh, I can not get into pwd by default, it
> always point me to /usr/bin (where the shells are).
> The variable $HOME is there, and if I do cd (no parameters) it gets me
> in my home directory. How can I fix that so bash will start with my
> pwd = /home/whatever_user/ instead of /usr/bin

Use "Start shell" instead, or launch /bin/login and log on.

> PS: you sure that toswin can't be faster? coz I mean it is pretty slow

It's quite fast on my AB+Nova Falcon, but I see what you mean. I guess
it's possible to optimize the VT-emulator and paint-code, but it'll
probably be one helluva job :-)

/*
**
*/