Re: MiNT vector unlinking

 >>  >"but don't copy RSVF, MiNTs /dev is for real..."
 >>
 >> Indeed??? Can we patch MiNT back to copy EVERY cookie, please?
 >
 >Very easy, it's just a matter of commenting out four lines of code
 >But is this a good idea? A look at the code indicates that MiNT
 >actually uses RSVF for it's serial devices.

Okay... a quick question:

_IF_ MiNT's own serial routines are indeed inferior to HS-Modem,
shouldn't we remove them and leave the RSVF cookie alone?

 >> As I remember from personal mail with Jerry, Harun doesn't hate
 >> MiNT; he simply didn't like the idea of renaming /dev/modemX to
 >> /dev/ttyX as per Unix convention. That's why I'm saying that it
 >
 >?? What's the problem? Haven't he heard about links? I have both ttyX
 >and modemX in /dev.

Ditto.

I guess Jerry was adamant to make his XDD completely Unix,
using TTY device names, which Harun didn't like. Maybe it's
time someone with the right expertise on serial drivers ask
Jerry and Harun for their sources, once more?

From: Martin-Eric Racine FUNKYWARE http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk
Atari TT030 12/48 NVDI 4.11r0, MiNT 1.14.5, N.AES 1.1.0, GlueSTiK
 Unsollicited material will be proof-read for $100 USD per word,
 payable within 10 days.  Submission of your advertisement to my
 address constitutes your formal acceptance of these terms.
 <TITLE><BLINK><H1>No HTML Messages Please!</H1></BLINK></TITLE>