fsck doesn't repair the FS

fsck tells me that my Minix FS has two errors:
- inode 18: bad link count
- inode 4385: orphaned inode

I ran fsck more than once and always told fsck to repair the faults. I ran
fsck when starting up KGMD and when I was logged in as root. fsck told me
that the faults were corrected - but they aren't. Every time I fsck
afterwards, the same errors occurred.

Any ideas?

Maybe the surface of my harddisk is damaged? What tool could/should I use
for checking this? I have hddriver (and thus hddrutil) - but also a 3GB disk.
Checking all the disk will presumably take one day. Ok, maybe somewhat
less. I think checking just the Minix partition would suffice. Does hddrutil
offer this possibility? I don't think so, but I might be wrong.

Hans