more question about porting/gcc

I have tried a lot of port, some fine, some NOT fine.
The most problem I have, which I think shoudl be fixed at the lib
level are:

size_t in the socket.h
I often have (just to remove a stupid warning) have to precise
(_SIZE_T *) for the last parameter.

Signal() big problem most of the time.

Missing define in errno.h  such as the eternal EAGAIN, or FNDELAY.
(and few others).

Totally missing err.h file, so I need to hack that for every port that
will call err.h include.

What's the latest part of being 100% posix? are we far? VERY FAR?
We have the chance that mint gets updated quite often now, and the
libs are being redone. so why not combine that to really make it 100
posix? I understood that mint kernal had to follow, not just the libs.

As precised in my previous email, stdarg.h is somewhat not really hmm
reliable to work with for porting.

Why aren't we people trying to take a project from netbsd for example,
and try to fix the kernal / mintlib according to that? The best we
can.
A good start is ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/src/
EVerything is there basically.
The idea being, for example:
indentd (authd), can not compile righ out the box. Some users, I know
will try to write personal code in there to make it to work, of course
that will work, but didn't improve a whole lot. What I say is to try
to adjust the libs to make netbsd (or closest os) source to compile
with VERY little effort, without having the need to hack the whole OS<
or by calling some personal routine to make this thing to work.

what would it require to have fchmod?
I mean at this level we are pretty much open. The kernal can be
adjusted, and same regarding the libs.

How about someone working on some libs like libutil.a ?

Thanks
Email:Kellis@primenet.com
Web http://www.primenet.com/~kellis/