Re: more question about porting/gcc

Tamminen Eero <t150315@students.cc.tut.fi> writes:

|>> of one point: The mshrink() problem, which should really be fixed (this is
|>> also good for Multitasking only, when I am compiling something and I am
|>> starting up another program this usually ends up in crashes because the
|>> gcc starts up very often and consumes up all Memory...

|> I'm not sure this helps, but have you tried fixstack'ing different
|> (either large positive or suitable negative) values?  If I remember
|> correctly (it's some time since I used my Atari), gcc has stack of -1
|> (glob all you get).

GCC needs a stack of about 300k for its C part, and 500k for its C++ part.
Also, the preprocessor needs a stack of about 50k.  Setting the stack size
to -1 is overkill.

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something
schwab@issan.informatik.uni-dortmund.de              completely different"