Re: about mint multiuser and RAM allocation prob.

> do is to reboot, as SLIRP is not present in PS, but still the uptime
> is getting crazy for the load. VERY heavy load on the cpu for no
> apparent reason.

Run top from ttytab (I do on vconsole 9), this will allow you to watch
what process is taking so much the CPU time. We had similar problem with
the ircd, do you remember? Once ircd was started, the computer started
running noticeably slower and load average also was getting rather high,
though the daemon itself was sleeping and did nothing special taking 0
(zero) percent of the CPU time. It was the sld what went bananas. Perhaps
now it is the same or similar problem.

Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail:draco@bl.pg.gda.pl
http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus/

** Quem Iuppiter vult perdere, dementat prius.
** Kogo Jowisz chce zgubic, temu wpierw rozum odbiera.