Re: Kernel 1.14.7 available

> >- pipe_write() and pipe_read() now wake sleeping process on the
> >  corresponding pipe conditions immediately
>
> Any change to do for the mintlibs? or should it work as is?

I doubt if any further patch is needed anywhere.

> >- no more sync errors from Vsetmode() and Vsetscreen() while switching
> >  to a mono resolution on Falcons
>
> hmm VERY puzzling.. I thought these sync probs came from the videl
> itself. (also appears in singletos, or magic, so mint (I thought was
> not the prob)).
> 2) You could MAYBE hack a little the vcons themselves.
> 3) as I expected, with this mint kernal, the sync errors are still
> there. So, are we talking about the same sync prob?

Since it has been applied, I had no sync bugs from vconsoles (perhaps I
have just bad luck <g>). And yes, I use standard vcons1d, which uses
system calls to switch resolutions, because Anders' megapatched vconsoles
don't fit on my monitor; I would have to tune the monitor each time I
switch between graphic 800x600 console and a vcon what is rather
inconvenient.

Of course, any software that switches resolutions accessing the hardware
directly (= out of the kernel control) will still do syncbugs as well.

> >- live timeslice control has been added via Ssystem() call
> anyone working on some C header file to access these new calls?
> Yves Pelletier? ;)

A CPX would be better I think ;)

Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail:draco@bl.pg.gda.pl
http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus/

** Quem Iuppiter vult perdere, dementat prius.
** Kogo Jowisz chce zgubic, temu wpierw rozum odbiera.