Re: Kernel 1.14.7 available

On Sun, 12 Apr 1998, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> MvdK>claim to fix the sync bug, like Anders' megapatch. I do use it, and I
>
> what's Anders' megapatch, BTW?

It's a vconsd with 104x60 characters (8 pixels high). The reason I use it
is that I have an enhanced resolution for my AES (768x576) and my monitor
doesn't adjust the screensize when the resolution changes. So with the
original vconds or the 8-pixel vconsd, the virtual consoles would be tiny
on my monitor when it was adjusted to fit the AES screen.

The "megapatch" is no proper distribution, Anders (evl on IRC) made it for
his own use but is happy to give a copy to anyone who wants it.

As I said, it claims to fix the sync bug, which is almost true except for
the slight error I still see when my aes is in 256 colors. :)

Maurits.

---

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

          Maurits van de Kamp (maurits@bassment.demon.nl)

    _____    B A S S M E N T   P R O D U C T I O N S     _____
  /     /\\     >> http://www.bassment.demon.nl <<     /     /\\
|      \/   |   / Black Currant                  \   |      \/   |
|   /\      |  |             bc@bassment.demon.nl |  |   /\      |
 \ /=/     /   |  Purple Trance                   |   \ /=/     /
  \\/____ /     \            pt@bassment.demon.nl/     \\/____ /