Re: MiNTlibs & FPU?

On Mon, 18 May 1998 21:10:15 +0200, Michael Schwingen wrote:

MS>> PureC libs contain hack to test the presence of real FPU - there's one
MS>> FPU insns in the crt0 and they hook on the illegal insn vector. Quite
MS>> odd, as it caused problems in TOSemu (a TOS emulator under Linux).
MS>
MS>In that case, the emulator is not good enough - there are others which have
MS>no problem with this task.

Really? You probably don't know how TOSemu works. It allows executing
single GEMDOS and MiNT programs under Linux (it provides BIOS, XBIOS and
GEMDOS library with MiNT extensions). It works as user process, so it
cannot hook on trap vector or let the emulated program hook on illegal
insn vector (as every PureC program tries to do thanks to that startup
FPU check).

MS>However, I think nowadays it would be OK to check _FPU and let those people
MS>with old TOS use a small program that sets the cookies correct.

Exactly.

Petr
--
E-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz                        PARCP developer