Re: VFAT kernel considerations

 >On Wed, May 20, 1998 at 10:27:00AM -0400, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
 >> Generally speaking, the only drive that would require a cache (IMHO)
 >> is A, because its access is always blocking.  Most modern hard-disks
 >> already cache the data by design, so it should be fast enough.
 >
 >Not automatically.

[explanation of SCSI bus limitations on Atari]

 >Whether you (or your applications) need the performance increase this may
 >offer is your decision - however, I would like the possibility to decide
 >that myself and not be told 'you dont need this'.

Then again, I would appreciate the option of having true vt100 vcons
(with color support) and not be told that I "should start using MiNT
ports on my own machine, instead of complaining".

From: Martin-Eric Racine FUNKYWARE http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk
 Unsollicited material will be proof-read for $100 USD per word,
 payable within 10 days.  Submission of your advertisement to my
 address constitutes your formal acceptance of these terms.
 <TITLE><BLINK><H1>No HTML Messages Please!</H1></BLINK></TITLE>