Re: VFAT kernel considerations

q-funk@megacom.net%INTERNET wrote:

> This is exactly the kind of snaffu that makes MagiC's VFAT driver
> trash the boot partition, whenever something goes wrong, such as
> deleting a file under SingleTOS then rebooting under MagiC. Boum!

Please describe this with more detail. If it is reproducible, it is
certainly a bug which will be fixed.

> This is precisely why I suggested that we use /etc/fstab to declare
> any VFAT partitons and have some sort of FSCK run through it (rc.boot)
> to delete any "dead" longname entries while checking the partiton.

I already explained why a static fstab is just impossible under MiNT.
However, it is no problem for an fsck utility to detect "garbage"
directory entries -- no matter whether it's FAT or VFAT.

Regards, jr