Re: MiNT lib PL48

On Thu, 14 May 1998, Zdenko Barbaric wrote:

> Hi MiNT-folks,
>

> Today I compiled the new MiNTLib PL48 for the m68000 and m68020-040,
> (long, short and base-relative versions) with gcc 2.7.2.3 and gas 2.5.1.
> All works fine except one weird thingy, that's probably inherited from
> PL47 :  When linking with the m68000 base-relative lib, I get an error
> message like this: "ld:absolute reference to _errno in normdf.o" .

Did you check, if the data and bss segment of your program you are
linking with does exceed the 32KB limit for base relative programs?

$size68 program

> The resulting executable is immediately killed when started.

Sounds like the above problem to me.

> I looked up "errbase.h" and <errno.h> and it seems to me, that, when
> compiling the base-relative version of the MiNTLib, _errno is defined
> global in normdf.cpp but the reference seems to be unresolved, so that ld

Can't find any `normdf.cpp' in the source tree of pl48.

> complains about it.
> Any ideas ?

I did not looked at pl48, but I know from my modified pl46, that there are
some const definitions for structs, which could produce errors like this
under certain circumstances when compiling with `-mbaserel'.

jps