GAS 2.5.1 - WARNING

Hi,

I remember I've posted a mail about it once here, but perhaps it wasn't
clear enough (I didn't know what's exactly wrong yet that time). So,
again.

GAS 2.5.1 is NOT GOOD for compiling some programs. A fault will occur
in the following condition:

1) the C program has assembler module(s), and
2) the module(s) contain some 68030 code compiled alternatively to
   some parts of 68000 code using a switch, and
3) we run compiled program on 68000 computer.

Such a program is for example MiNT kernel. Actually assembler modules
contain 68030 code that replaces some parts of 68000 code when using
switch -DONLY030. MiNT compiled for 68000 (with ONLY030 undefined) using
gas 2.5.1 works fine on 68030 machines, but hangs completely on bootup on
68000 machines. The problem is that (it seems) the assembled modules
contain BOTH 68000 and 68030 code, what should never occur (if ONLY030 is
defined, 68030 code should be compiled, or 68000 equivalent otherwise).

Gtx,

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.