Re: VFAT kernel considerations

> > 2) The good ol' GEMDOS/MiNT case conversion rule.
> >
> >    Since enabling VFAT on A, I notice files are always written as
> >    lowercase, even though I might have copied from a TOSFS drive.

Filenames are also "downgraded" to the lowercase while copying from
TOS FS to the Minix FS (using desktop). It is actually OK considering the
compatibility, because even old programs SHOULD use lowercase filenames
for opening files; so they could theoretically open files even on a case
sensitive filesystem. If they (programs) don't do it, they're just
improperly written.

Gtx,

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.