Re: Newbie Mint Questions

On Sun, 10 May 1998, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> This seems to me like yet another "if you want VFAT install MagiC"
> kind of cop-off. Stop it. It's about time our vcons and TosWin give
> true VT100 or VT102 support.

Well, stv52 works better for me than any vt10x-terminal I've ever
tried, regardless of platform. Again, if you absolutely need vt10x,
use 'screen' which also has a lot of other useful features.

> vcons. On the other, I'm sick of the focus on Falcon-specific hardware

I can't see anything wrong in using the Falcon's facilities,
especially when it's so easy as in this case.

> and the denial of world-wide realities supported by every OS on other
> platforms, such as VT100/VT102/ANSI terms and VFAT storage media.

A new TOSFS is AFAIK being worked on, and I'll be very surprised if it
doesn't support VFAT.

/*
**
*/