filesystem development...

Hiyah all!

The way I understand it is:

	old tosfs names should be in UPPERCASE for complete 0
	with old tos programs;

	everything else should be as is, otherwise we run into trouble...

Outside of gem, currently, old tosfs appear lowercase - which I
personally prefer, but this is wrong - should be uppercase.

Currently `ls` shows lowercase for old tosfs, and `tcsh` won't complete
VFAT filenames. Is about time we came up with that new distribution we
talked about some time ago?

Assuming my above assumptions are correct, then, once these issues are
ironed out in the kernel, we need to recompile `ls` at the very least...
and probably lots of others file utilities for MiNT (seeing as we can't
change gem)...and we might as well recompile as much as is necessary to
include timezone support when that is finalised, etc.

Suddenly it seems this beta-kernel is becoming quite a big project and it
looks like more people need to get involved :-)

If I remember correctly, Konrad talked of putting together an updated
distribution. Konrad - do you want to do this and kernel development? and
play and sleep and have a job? ;-)

Even if these issues get resolved and all these file utilities don't need
0, it is about time K[GE]MD got updated, - with MiNTNet-1.01pl1
for example..., and it might be nice to have source code for most things
as an optional part of the distribution, eg
source.tgz/source.{aa,ab,ac...}.

Who thinks what and are my 0 correct?

Salut/.

J/.