Re: The PPC factor.

 >Do you guys think that it would be a good idea to bring back the
 >MacMiNT people? I think that it would be useful, since they can
 >work on porting shared libraries to PPC.

YES!!! ;-)

 >I am surprised that that the Eagle, which would have been the most
 >useful TOS based architecture to bring PPC to the TOS community has
 >been discontinued.

I've always wondered about that... especialy since the infos about
the Eagle are so scarce and GE Soft seems gone...

 >Why is it that PPC boards for the VMEbus can't be used on MegaSTe's
 >and TT's (Maybe even Hades)?

Really?  Has anyone tried them, before saying they cannot work?

***

On a similar issue, I've started looking into Lance-based VME Ethernet
cards that could substitute for the Riebel card made for Atari Germany.
There are some out there, but without complete Riebel specs, I can only
speculate if they would work...

Does anyone know where I can find those specs, or any detailed info on
the Riebel VME cards for Atari?

Thanks.