Re: TSR blacklist

 >MR>*all* mouse accelerators I've tried slow things down a bit; the
 >MR>mouse is faster, but generally any AES activities are hampered.
 >
 >Have you tried the mouse accelerator in Clocky yet?

*sigh*

I'm really getting tired of utilities that try to cram everything in;
currently, I have several applications that all duplicate each other
on one function or the other, all because some basic things were not
included in the basic OS.

Stuff like:

   *  case-sensitive fileselector
   *  mouse accelerator
   *  functional desktop (eg: Thing)
   *  desktop clock
   *  windowed dialog calls
   *  scrollbox and listbox calls
   *  fontselector calls
   *  buffered, non-blocking, multi-tasking friendly GDOS printing
   *  window topper

should have been integrated into the AES features by standard. Since
it wasn't done, we end up with a mixture of TSR and ACC that each use
their own custom AES library, all conflicting with one another.

I'm really begining to find this all VERY bothersome...

IMHO, it's about time N.AES and MagiC people sit down and draft specs
on what new system calls should be added, then release a Compendium II
to document the new functions.

Peter, this is not a criticism of Clocky. Several people have praised
it and it's probably very good. ;-)

However, I'm already using Menuinfo as a window topper and cornerclock.
Yes, I need the full date, not just the time; "Tue 9.06.1998 04:08" is
making more sense to me.

Already, NEWSie tries to have its own window topper; Thing, xUFSL and
Wdialog each have their own fontselector, etc.

This is a non-sense!

There are too many incompatible and duplicated functions and protocols.
It's got to stop.  Let's have the MagiC, Milan and N.AES people sit down
together and write a new standard AES library. It's badly needed. NOW.

Martin-Eric Racine          # The Atari TT030 Homepage and FAQ #
FUNKYWARE CREATIONS inc.    http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk/TT030