Re: TSR blacklist

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998 10:59:31 -0400, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

MR>*all* mouse accelerators I've tried slow things down a bit; the
MR>mouse is faster, but generally any AES activities are hampered.

Have you tried the mouse accelerator in Clocky yet? I know the code for
mouse accelerating used there is very short - just about 22
instructions. On standard Falcon this might take less than 6
microseconds. Mouse packet is 3 bytes long and the serial speed is 7812
bps. That means (if I am right) that there can be max 300 mouse packets
per second (obviously it's much less in normal case). So the maximal
slowdown of a Falcon caused by mouse accelerator is less than 0.2%, i.e.
you can't measure nor feel it.

Petr
--
E-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz                        PARCP developer