Re: TOSBook etc. (was: Re: TSR blacklist

 >On Tue, 9 Jun 1998, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
 >
 >> Please disable "quoted-printable" encoding and use 8-bit.
 >> Your reply was un-readable...
 >>
 >>  >>What=20happened=20to=20Thomas=20Much's=20"TOS-Book"?
 >
 >>From the header of the original message:
 >
 >----------8<--------------
            ^^^^^^^^^^^

This explains it!

ASH Mailer is known to use quoted-printable and long lines without
any carriage return.  This problem has been detailed previously on
the newsgroups. Then again, ASH seems to take perverse pleasure in
duplicating Micro$sucks products, even in their deviant aspects...

 >Either the original message was converted to 8-bit before I got it (no
 >q.p. in my copy), or converted to q.p. before Q-Funk got it.

My provider does NOT auto-convert character encoding.
Messages sent in 8-bit encoding will display correctly.
This has been verified.

Martin-Eric Racine          # The Atari TT030 Homepage and FAQ #
FUNKYWARE CREATIONS inc.    http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk/TT030