RE: GEMDOS from VBL

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998 14:04:58 +0200, Sven Karlsson wrote:

SK>Calling MiNT from a interrupt is generally a very bad idea.

Why? If GEMDOS is fully re-entrant I should be able to call it from
anywhere.

SK>Why would you like to find out the available memory in the VBL handler?
SK>For Clocky?

yes. People would like to see it there.

SK>(Just curious. Sounds like you could use the ALRM signal and then
SK>synchronize the result to the VBL handler instead.

what signal? Clocky is started before MiNT...

If there's no easy&fast call for getting the info about free ram,
perhaps we could add it to MiNT? :-) Dfree("U:\PROC") is nice, but does
not work from VBL and does not show you which blocks are free - you get
just the sum.

Petr
--
E-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz                        PARCP developer