Re: New executable format (was mem.h)

On Wed, Jun 10, 1998 at 11:05:42PM +0200, Guido Flohr wrote:
> I'm working on a port of the binutils 2.9.1.  If I ever manage to handle
> the remaining problems the new linker will produce executables in a
> slightly different format (which should be 100 % backward compatible):
>
> struct gemdos_external_exec {
>   bfd_byte g_magic[2];		/* Always 0x601a.  */

Hey - a *BFD* backend for TOS binaries? Great!

I started working on this (for plain TOS execs) myself, but did not get far
due to limited time.

If we are talking about a new binary format already:

any chance to get transparent[1] shared library support (with or without
using the PMMU)?

cu
Michael

[1] meaning the program does not have to know about them or load them
themselves - ie. having libc shared would be possible etc.
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen