Re: ST MiNT users

At 18:49 Uhr +0200 10.06.1998, Kristoffer Lawson wrote:
>On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Janez Valant wrote:

>Again, I haven't been following with great detail, but I would agree with
>whoever said we should start concentrating on "modern" Ataris. I mean even
>the 030 is old as hell.

But the number of 68000 STs is much higher and they are sufficient for most
tasks. (I still use my MegaST from time to time.)

>I mean, we're not ignoring ST users - they have MiNT already
>and piles of software.

Which should be supported, IMHO.

>Hell, if you ask me, by now we should be looking into
>PPC-MiNT or something.

Why not porting MiNT to Merced? *That* is the future (according to SUN,
Siemens, Hewlett Packard, SGI, Intel)

And before we start porting MiNT to other platforms we have to turn it into
a full OS without relying on lowlevel routines from ROM TOS.

>Even the 040 is almost ten years old. *sigh*

Not true:-) The MC68040 was qualified in 1995!
Earlier versions are prequalified XC68040 (like mine which was build in 9402).

Axel

Axel Kielhorn
Smoking endangers your health
But it secures my job.