Re: Keyboard problems with MiNT 1.15.0 Beta 4 and Milan

> So if anyone knows what has changed from 1.14.6 to 1.15.0b4 concerning the
> console please let me know (sorry, but I actually don't have the time to search
> for it myself).

Nothing changed, afaik. However, there's some thing that could make the
bios devs working weird sometimes. Namely, there seemed to be a bug in
the biosfs.c, function iread(). The appropriate fragment should look like
this (line 1731 of the 1.15 source; sorry, no diffs):

                /* xconin[] are always blocking, and we don't want to
                   hang at ipl7 even if something impossible like a
                   `magically' empty buffer happens.  so check again. */
                if (ior->tail != ior->head) {
                        if (buf)
                                *p++ = callout1(*cin, bdev);
                        else
                                (void) callout1(*cin, bdev);
                }

rather than:

                /* xconin[] are always blocking, and we don't want to
                   hang at ipl7 even if something impossible like a
                   `magically' empty buffer happens.  so check again. */
                if (ior->tail != ior->head)
                        if (buf)
                                *p++ = callout1(*cin, bdev);
                        else
                                (void) callout1(*cin, bdev);

This has been fixed lately, b4 still has it unfixed. I don't really know
if that solves the problem, but it is the only stuff related.

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.