Re: Removable media in MiNT

Hi!

On Mon, Aug 10, 1998 at 06:46:59PM +0200, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
> Won't a forced mediachange (shift+esc in Thing) do that? Anyway, I always
> use Thing to eject zips, and I would be surprised if this doesn't flush
> the caches as it use the appropriate Dcntl() (I guess/hope...).

Yes, Thing tries Dcntl() first, and, if that fails, then XHDI. Ejecting
is disabled, though, if XHDI reports the drive is locked.

This should be used by XFS drivers, anyway: If there is still data in
the write cache, the drive should be locked via XHDI, if possible. Or
better: Unlock the device after, say, 10s of inactivity, and lock it
with each request.

Ciao

Thomas

--