Removable media in MiNT

I have a Syquest 270 MB removable hard disc drive, and I have a minix
filesystem on many of the cartridges, although some of them have a normal
TOS filesystem.

I never really resolved this problem, about how to ensure that there are
no open files on the disc, and that the buffers are flushed, before I
remove the cartridge. I seem to have been lucky since I haven't suffered
from any data corruption this way, but I would like to know how to do it
properly.

Also, when I have had a Minix cartridge inserted and then change to a
TOS-formatted one, I keep getting messages about "inode not written after
disc invalidated" or something like that.

This occured with all the MiNT versions that I used, and I haven't yet
upgraded to a recent version, I'm still using 1.14.6.

--
| Mario Becroft             | Tariland, Atari user group in New Zealand |
| mb@tos.pl.net             | tariland@tos.pl.net                       |