Problems with beta 2.6

I installed beta 2.6 yesterday, but I'm experiencing problems with the
new FAT-FS. I've only enabled it (together with VFAT) on my Zip which
is formatted with HD-Driver's 'TOS + DOS' mode.

The problem is that sometimes only the root of the drive is readable.
Any attempts to open directories results in a error. Removing and
inserting zips doesn't help, neither does forced mediachanges. Then I
scan the disk with Diamond Edge which reports a huge amount of faulty
directory-entries, and thousands of lost sectors (e.g. all directories
and everything in them). The strange thing is that when I now exit
Edge the disk is perfectly readable/writable by MiNT again...

This never happened with beta 2.5, which I'm now using again.

Another thing I've noticed (this applies to all version of 1.15, both
alphas and betas) is that if there's no zip in the drive when I boot,
MiNT doesn't recognise VFAT on the zips I insert. I have to insert the
disk, then do a forced media-change.

I'm using HD-Driver 7.12 on a Falcon/Afterburner, the Zip is connected
to the SCSI-bus as the only device.

/*
**
*/