Re: pexec bug in MiNT?

Katherine L Ellis wrote:

> hi, was fiddling with pexec in my program, and can't get it to work
> stable. But the weird thing is that under magic pexec works like it
> should. No matter the code, (0, or 100) don't matter to me so far it
> if waits after the child to finish. Am I the only one programming for
> MiNT?
Is this a problem with the new kernel.
 Which version.
I use 1.14.7 with no pexec problems. I have 5 menu programs that each
spawn a child via pexec, one on each terminal.
If this is a problem that occurs after running a child process and
exiting, and you then get bombed when trying to run another process,
the problem is likely that the child did not terminate properly.
Must be pterm().
If you are using any built in exit functions,
depending on what language you are programing in, DON'T. GFA for
example, does not use pterm() and will not release all memory control
blocks back to the system.
If you terminate the parent process, restart it, and can pexec a child
ok once, that is probably your problem, improper child termination.

Brent
Thirsk Engine /Ponoka/Alberta/Canada
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/thirsk/thirsk_web_page/index.htm
Email  thirsk@telusplanet.net