Re: MiNT 1.15.1.beta-1 problems

On Mon, Nov 16, 1998 at 05:11:29PM +0100, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:
> The point is I am not completely sure it is really unnecessary. It may be,
> but the fact the code exists (i.e. somebody bothered to introduce it)
> makes me suspicious. F.e. does TOS 1.02 restore everything (except
> p_cookie etc) at RESET? In other words, is MiNT code redundant with TOS
> code on ALL machines?

I am quite sure - those parts of TOS have not changed much over the
different versions.

> If we're 100% sure it is, we can remove it. This will make kernel shorter
> :)

And probably more stable.

Note that a reset handler to clear _p_cookies is only necessary if
_p_cookies was 0 when MiNT was started - otherwise, either the TOS or the
program which installed the cookie jar will take care of that.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen