Re: Trouble with freeMinT 1.15.0

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> > On most ST, you need to use the bootproblem kernel version.
> > According to Frank, this is the (unfortunate) result of some
> > hand-optimization attempts in the regular kernel.
>
> If so, I'd be rather surprised.
>
> OK, the point is that -> I <- optimized the MiNT scheduler.
> I am rather surprised that it makes problems on 040+, because:

You apparently missed the point:
the problems happen on plain ST machines, not 020 or better...

> By the way, I'd be for not restoring the previous code if possible.
> It was very ugly and unefficient, especially the part known as
> enter_kernel() and leave_kernel(). The code is still there (commented
> out), so anyone can compare it with my versions (inside kernel.spp).

Which is where the problem comes from....

I haven't looked at the sources, but I suspect that you
might have used 030 instructions on code that was meant
for 68000... Just a guess.

 Martin-Eric Racine           The Atari TT030 Homepage with FAQ
 FUNKYWARE CREATIONS OY       http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/