Re: Timing and MIDI and MiNT?

> KK>By the way, there's a way to SAFELY use interrupts in MiNT. The kernel
> KK>provides a call that assigns interrupt vectors to signals. I.e. you can,
> KK>for example, tell the system to send (for example) SIGUSR1 each time
> KK>a (for example) VBL interrupt occurs. When the process that installed the
> KK>handler terminates, all this stuff gets removed. So no worry to leave
> KK>interrupt handlers pointing to a "free" memory area etc.
>
> This is very good news! Such method would allow writting many
> interesting programs for MiNT (games, emulators, etc)

Yes. However, a method of reading pure IKBD scancodes for joystick, mouse
and keyboard (for all keys incl. Alt, Shift etc) from the system would
be helpful too. I of course mean a non-blocking call... Maybe AES could do
such a service installing an additional device in /dev or something...

> KK>The call is named Psigintr(), was introduced in MiNT 1.10 or 1.11 and is
> KK>hmm... undocumented. However, some a week ago I sat down, then made a
> KK>description of 23 MiNT calls undocumented in Atari Compendium. I wonder if
> KK>it would be useful to add this to kernel distribution. Also I'd be glad
> KK>for corrections. Mailme anyone who's interested.
>
> This documentation makes sense only if the calls will become sort of
> official (instead of deprecated) and will remain in future versions of
> MiNT kernel.

I hope they will be kept.

Gtx,

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |
|http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus/

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.