Re: Timing and MIDI and MiNT?

> I've been writing a GEM app that provides complex midi functions
> (multi split, continuous controllers, arpeggiator etc) and I want it to
> ABSOLUTLY work with future versions of MiNT.
> The MIDI routs I've written gets the keyboard interrupt handler (with XBRA)
> so I'll have to change them (GARGLLL) :(((((

By the way, there's a way to SAFELY use interrupts in MiNT. The kernel
provides a call that assigns interrupt vectors to signals. I.e. you can,
for example, tell the system to send (for example) SIGUSR1 each time
a (for example) VBL interrupt occurs. When the process that installed the
handler terminates, all this stuff gets removed. So no worry to leave
interrupt handlers pointing to a "free" memory area etc.

The call is named Psigintr(), was introduced in MiNT 1.10 or 1.11 and is
hmm... undocumented. However, some a week ago I sat down, then made a
description of 23 MiNT calls undocumented in Atari Compendium. I wonder if
it would be useful to add this to kernel distribution. Also I'd be glad
for corrections. Mailme anyone who's interested.

Gtx,

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |
|http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus/

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.