RE: Timing and MIDI and MiNT?

> > I've been writing a GEM app that provides complex midi functions
> > (multi split, continuous controllers, arpeggiator etc) and I want it to
> > ABSOLUTLY work with future versions of MiNT.
> > The MIDI routs I've written gets the keyboard interrupt handler
> (with XBRA)
> > so I'll have to change them (GARGLLL) :(((((
>
> By the way, there's a way to SAFELY use interrupts in MiNT. The kernel
> provides a call that assigns interrupt vectors to signals. I.e. you can,
> for example, tell the system to send (for example) SIGUSR1 each time
> a (for example) VBL interrupt occurs. When the process that installed the
> handler terminates, all this stuff gets removed. So no worry to leave
> interrupt handlers pointing to a "free" memory area etc.
>
> The call is named Psigintr(), was introduced in MiNT 1.10 or 1.11 and is
> hmm... undocumented. However, some a week ago I sat down, then made a
> description of 23 MiNT calls undocumented in Atari Compendium. I wonder if
> it would be useful to add this to kernel distribution. Also I'd be glad
> for corrections. Mailme anyone who's interested.

Ah yes, that was my system call; I added it when I was working on the
Falcon voicemail project for Atari, because I was too lazy to write a
full-blown audio device driver. I think we intended it to be a deprecated
service, and encourage people to use real device drivers instead, but it
certainly comes in handy.