Filenames become lower case under MiNT?

I was just adding MiNT to a TT. I only wanted MiNT on the machine for
running the Spin CD-ROM driver and maybe the VFAT filesystem. Therefore I
haven't got any of the usual UNIX style configuration, just MINT.PRG in
the auto folder and MINT.CNF in the MINT folder.

Everything is ok, except that all the filenames on the hard drive show up
in lower case, which muddles newdesk - it thinks that programs are not
executable etc.

Is there anything I can do about this? For some reason it has never
affected me with my complete UNIX style configuration, but for some reason
it doesn't work well in this simple configuration.

What could I have done wrong?

| Mario Becroft                * Tariland, New Zealand Atari User Group |
| mb@tos.pl.net                * Atari Hardware Developments            |
| http://www.pl.net/~mario/    * Atari Serial Mouse Interface           |