Re: Filenames become lower case under MiNT?

> I was just adding MiNT to a TT. I only wanted MiNT on the machine for
> running the Spin CD-ROM driver and maybe the VFAT filesystem. Therefore I
> haven't got any of the usual UNIX style configuration, just MINT.PRG in
> the auto folder and MINT.CNF in the MINT folder.
>
> Everything is ok, except that all the filenames on the hard drive show up
> in lower case, which muddles newdesk - it thinks that programs are not
> executable etc.

I assume that you don't have any kind of multitasking aes in use? If you
are running MiNT with 'oldgem.prg' or just don't have any kind of INIT or
GEM installation in your MINT.CNF file (ie. you are running AES from
your system) you can have only *one* desktop accessory running. Any more
and all filenames are in lowercase also in normal GEM partitions and you
can't execute those program files.

If you get any multitasking AES you don't have that "only one
desktop accessory in use" restriction ....

Well... this is true in my system at least. Falcon with TOS4.02 and
AES4.01 and GEMDOS 0.30

--
     Juhani Sivusalo            E-Mail: jasivu@na.netppl.fi
       Oulu, Finland          http://www.netppl.fi/~jasivu/