Re: [MiNT] sending diffs to Apache and others

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999 20:23:50 -0500 (EST), Scott Bigham wrote:

SB>> > I mean, we ported all those, but visiting the official web sites
SB>> > of those organizations shows that MiNT is never listed among the
SB>> > supported platforms.  (btw, amiga is always shown there - why is
SB>> > MiNT not there too?)
SB>
SB>Also the Vim editor,[*] although the MiNT binary on the FTP sites was a
SB>couple versions behind when last I looked.

When I was trying to port Elvis (another, IMHO best vi clone) to Atari I
found out that ./configure and make was enough to get it running. There
is much more software like that, i.e. that works out-of-the-box (thanks
to MiNT-libs and gcc, of course).

I usually don´t contact authors of such programs to just tell them "hey,
it works also on Atari!" because they A) know nothing about Atari and B)
know very well their source code is clean and portable.

Maybe that´s why the "MiNT" is not mentioned as often as "Amiga" or
other platforms.

Petr
--
E-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz                        PARCP developer