[MiNT] uname -X ??

When trying to port something today, I ran into problems, because
the Configure script tried 'uname -X' and got an unexpected reply;
basically, none of our uname ports support the -X option.

Q:  What's this -X option anyways?

Concerning the existing uname options:

  -a, --all        print all information
  -m, --machine    print the machine (hardware) type
  -n, --nodename   print the machine's network node hostname
  -r, --release    print the operating system release
  -s, --sysname    print the operating system name
  -p, --processor  print the host processor type
  -v               print the operating system version
      --help       display this help and exit
      --version    output version information and exit

Suggested replies to the above:

-m Atari
-n (hostname)
-r (mint version x.xx.xx)
-s MiNT
-p m68k
-v (TOS version x.xx)

Could we please agree on those, in the future (unless someone has
a better idea)?

*

Also, Jan Paul just told me that his Apache diffs made it into the
official distribution by apache.org, so now might be a good time to
agree on how we want the OS to be called "officially", for cases
where MiNT diffs/ports will be made available on generic Unix sites
offering sources with pre-configured compiling options for various
OS, such as apache.org.

My personal choice:   Atari-MiNT

How about yours? ;-)

  Martin-Eric Racine * http://www.pp.fishpool.com/~q-funk/M-E/