Re: [MiNT] uname -X ??

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
> -s MiNT
> My personal choice:   Atari-MiNT
If I remember correctly, we went down this road a year or so back.
'MiNT' and I would suggest 'Atari' are copyrighted as someone (Eric?)
pointed out.

I think the decision back then was to go with 'FreeMiNT'.

Before that we had 'MH-MiNT' and before that MiNT.

I kinda like 'FreeMiNT'. (Sometimes I wonder about the legal status of
releasing, and charging for, the MiNT98 CD).

Also, is it just the 'uname' version I run, or has anyone else noticed
that it puts a trailing space on the end of 'FreeMiNT '? - caused me no
end of bother before I broke my compiler :-(

Salut/.

J/.
__
John Blakeley