Re: [MiNT] shareware on MiNT?

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Julian Reschke wrote:

> > Btw, same thing about ext2 fs, shareware for MiNT, this one amazed me.
> > By today if properly freeware"d" instead of shareware, well, we all be
> > probably be on extfs instead of minix fs. (supposition).
>
> Well, that doesn't surprise me at all.
>
> Why?
>
> SPIN! is "gift" ware, which means that anybody who is using is is supposed
> to send a gift (sooner or later). However the distribution is not restricted
> in any way.
>
> The outcome: there is not a SINGLE registered user outside the German
> speaking countries, despite the fact that there has been an English
> translation of the docs for nearly one year now.

I do have one very important question:

How easy/difficult is it to register software outside Germany?
What about, from outside European Union territory?

Last year, I wanted to register a shareware (can't remember which)
but I eventually gave up, because sending that 20 DM from Canada
would have costed me more than the shareware fee itself.....

Nowadays, I guess I'm lucky I moved to Finland (an EU country),
but still....

  Martin-Eric Racine * http://www.pp.fishpool.com/~q-funk/M-E/
  The Atari TT030 Homepage * http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/