AW: [MiNT] old KGMD or new NMD?

> Von: owner-mint@fishpool.com [mailto:owner-mint@fishpool.com]Im Auftrag
> von Katherine Ellis
> Gesendet am: Freitag, 5. Februar 1999 00:36
> An: Bernd Ebert
> Cc: MiNT List
> Betreff: Re: [MiNT] old KGMD or new NMD?
>
> On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Bernd Ebert wrote:

> Btw, same thing about ext2 fs, shareware for MiNT, this one amazed me.
> By today if properly freeware"d" instead of shareware, well, we all be
> probably be on extfs instead of minix fs. (supposition).

Well, that doesn't surprise me at all.

Why?

SPIN! is "gift" ware, which means that anybody who is using is is supposed
to send a gift (sooner or later). However the distribution is not restricted
in any way.

The outcome: there is not a SINGLE registered user outside the German
speaking
countries, despite the fact that there has been an English translation of
the docs for nearly one year now.

I don't think that the next release of SPIN! will be a free unrestricted
download, and if it is, it will likely come with no (updated) English
documentation.

Sorry. You get what you pay for.