Re: Syscall (was: Re: [MiNT] DATE/TIME cookies)

On Tue, Mar 02, 1999 at 12:18:25AM +0100, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> Who said "overwrite"? The stack would just have been appropriately bigger
> (that's what i meant for memory waste). If MiNT has 8k stack, the user
> stack space bigger by 8k would satisfy both user process and the system.

You can't control how big the user stack is - a user program only needs to
set up as much stack space as it needs, so you can assume that there are
programs with very small stack (some of my do it that way - why waste
space)?

In that case, putting kernel data on the user stack *will* overwrite data,
and you can't do anything about it, because it is outside your control.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen