Re: Syscall (was: Re: [MiNT] DATE/TIME cookies)

> However, this requires modifications to all functiosn called from the trap
> handler, *and* you can't call these functions directly from other code.
> However, the trap handler becomes quite short.

That's it - internal MiNT functions can be called not only via the trap
handler, but directly from C code inside MiNT, and yet via the call table
from for example a filesystem driver.

> No, this is quite reasonable. IMHO, the problem is hooking functions into
> the trap handler that want their arguments on the stack.

Well, yes.

> > Another thing is the reentrancy. Since we're using TOS BIOS and XBIOS,
> > no full reentrancy is possible, if a BIOS/XBIOS function isn't completely
> > replaced by MiNT. So, the reentrancy issue may currently apply only to the
>
> As a side effect, my current BIOX/XBIOS are reentrant - I have not yet
> touched GEMDOS.

Nice. But that's Milan TOS, yet we have Atari TOS to run on.

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |
|http://www.obta.uw.edu.pl/~draco/
|http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.