Re: [MiNT] ext2 0.4.6 and e2fs tools

Hi!

On Sat, Apr 10, 1999 at 02:38:37PM +0300, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
> and Thing (1.27 - filehandling and copying bugs corrected since 1.28).

Mhmm? I can't recall having fixed anything which could have caused any
problems.

> Thomas.B, what about Thing versions since 1.27?  Several people mention
> version 1.29 recently, but I cannot seem to find that anywhere.  Is this
> still beta?

Yes, it is still beta. Unfortunately, some betatesters like to forget
stating that they're using Thing 1.29beta, not any official 1.29.

> Also, how about putting a Thing section on your homepage?

Which "homepage"? I hope you don't mean that more-than-three-years-old
stuff on www.student.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de?

I don't have a real homepage, and neither does Thing (though Dirk Klemmt
was working on one, but has ceased because of doing his diploma). I'm
honestly not particularly fond of running my own webpages, as it's a lot
of work to keep them up-to-date. Moreover, my webpages on Thing wouldn't
be too "attractive", as I dislike praising my stuff (which is sort of
necessary for the "promotion" of a program on the Web). So, I still hope
for Dirk to finish his diploma and still having time for and feeling
like finishing his work.

> PS:  has anyone ever experienced problems with NVDI, if the "malloc TT"
>      and "run in TT" program header flags are _ON_?

Nope, what kind of problems are you referring to? The only problem I had
all the time that using the new vr_transfer_bits()-call caused MiNT to
crash sooner or later (I need this call to be able to display icons with
256 colors in >= 16 bit). Today, I was able to track this down to an
overflow of the supervisor stack MiNT uses for each process ...

Ciao

Thomas

--
Thomas Binder (Gryf @ IRCNet)  gryf@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de