[MiNT] Re: W for MacMiNT

[snip]

>> Then there's wdraft, on which the line and circle tools don't seem to work
>> (I can load, magnify, and save images though. Polygon tool also works.)
>> Or am I just using it wrong? I tried both click&drag and click on both
>> endpoints...
>
>At least sometime in the past, zooming used to chrash the program, I don't
>know about the others.  I'll test it when I got time (thu-sat of last week
>was spent on a 'seminar-cruise' to Sweden)...  I haven't tested all of
>these programs for a long time. :-/

I'm pretty sure that most of the problems I'm having are caused by
clock() not working on MacMiNT, therefore no timeouts, so wdraft, scrollbars,
menus and some other things don't work entirely as they should...

(ah , this also explains why wperfmon reports that my processor is
infinitely fast ;-)

So far however my attempts to make clock() use the sysvar struct instead
of reading low-memory globals which aren't in the same place on the Mac
as they are on an Atari have been dismal failures...

>You don't need to dither the image to monochrome, Wlib can do that: :)))
>	djpeg -colors 250 image.jpg | ppm24to8 | wbm
>or
>	djpeg -grayscale image.jpg | wbm
>or
>	djpeg -grayscale image.jpg | demo/warp
>
>(The last might even amaze you a bit ;-))))

I don't think my old '030 is fast enough, whatever wperfmon might say
to the contrary...

[snip]

>As Wt now understands server's WKEY_* mappings, most application
>friendly solution would be to map Mac keys to something which you
>convert into WKEY_* codes in stuff you'll add to server/kbd.c.
>That way you don't need to use Emacs keyboard shortcuts as
>arrow etc keys will work in Wt text boxes, fileselector and so on.

OK, I'll try that.

>> Anyway, here's a tarball of the sources and makefiles I changed while getting
>> it to work for MacMiNT. All the files and directories go in wws/server,
>> except for `MacMiNT' which is a config file and `README' which is some  notes
>> on running it under MacMiNT . You might want to include this file if the next
>> release has the MacMiNT code in it...
>
>Thanks!  Next patch level will be when I get GGI stuff working again.
>Hmm... Could I put the atarierr.h and filesys.h to xconout2/mint/?

Yes, and maybe locore.h too for reasons of consistency.

P.S. I've uploaded my scripts for converting Universal Headers to
http://bvsd.k12.co.us/~oddie/prog/develop.tar.gz (or is it .z? I can't
remember...)

ttfn
Jonathan