Re: [MiNT] W and MacMiNT

>> Cool, it shouldn't be too hard to get it work properly then. I just need
>> to write a putCmap function to mess with the color tables.

Well, now it seems not so easy ;-/ My putCmap function is definitely doing
*something* cause when I force-quit JET the colors are rather bizarre
(icons are painted in magenta on lime green ;-) But while wserver is running
all looks exactly the same. hmmm...
Of course it's not likely that InsideMac and the Technotes will have much
help to give on this subject, as modifying low-level data by hand is not
something that Apple smiles on... :)

>While seriously upgrading Wbiff, I noticed a bug in Wlib w_bmheader()
>function which explained previous Wetscape and Wbm chrashes on
>color servers when outputting mono images. The palette pointer
>was dangling. :-/
While experimenting with writing my own client programs, I thought I might
have found a bug: I have a program that creates a container window, then a child
window with some graphics inside of it. Using w_move to move the child around,
bits of the child's bitmap get copied into the parent's title bar...

>I put a new version on my WWW page (sorry, haven't yet got time
>to integrate your MacMiNT stuff yet, I'll do it at the same time
>I fix the libGGI stuff):
>	http://www.students.tut.fi/~t150315/

I'll upload a more current snapshot of my changes within a couple of days
(I've moved key translation from kbd driver to wserver itself, so there are
some changes to kbd.c & loop.c)
http://bvsd.k12.co.us/~oddie/prog/macw.tar.z

>Btw. did you notice the Basilisk Mac-II emu note on MiNT mailing
>list?  Maybe it would have some code that would be of help with
>MacMiNT W port?

I sorta doubt it...
Is it a "metal" emulator or does it emulate the system calls?
A program to fake the original Toolbox calls (QuickDraw &c) on top of GEM
or something would probably be more useful than an actual emulator. It could
operate in the same sort of way that MacMiNT emulates an Atari, by changing
trap vectors.
Also much harder of course...

>PS. if you got a slow Mac and would like to do some heavy
>processing, you might try coding the heavy stuff into a
>W app which is run elsewhere and just outputs onto your Mac
>:)))).
An emulator for the BBC micro (english 8-bit) would be great; there are
some for X, I could try converting one...
There were some truly awesome video games for the Beeb... :)

>PPS. Remote stuff is fun.  Just the other day one of my work
>mates (who later that day 'somehow' persuaded me to accompany
>him and a couple of other mates to yearly beerfestival...)
>run some DOS app from DOSemu on his homemachine on X server
>run on his work machine using window manager run from a third
>machine.  Despite 100MB lines between work and his home machine,
>running videogames from another city is a bit slow... <grin>
cool 8-))

ttfn
Jonathan