Re: [MiNT] memory protection on Afterburner04

On Sat, May 01, 1999 at 11:45:14PM +0200, Thomas Binder wrote:
> A solution for the latter would be to write a tool that loads MiNT to an
> 8K-aligned address, relocates and runs it (with some special parameter
> to tell it it should protect its code). Any volunteers?

Maybe naive, but it should work: When I did the binutils port I had to
think of a solution how to support the -e (--entry-point) option to ld.
I ended up with hardcoding two assembler lines into the executable which
jumped to the entry point supplied on the command line.

So what about putting 8k of garbage in front of the kernel's text segment?

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000