RE: [MiNT] ext2fs

On Tue, 4 May 1999 15:50:46 +0300 (EEST), Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> > MiNT's serial-devices are "proper", much more so than RSVF. The solution
> > must be to use the devices (MagiC has them too)  instead of calling RSVF
> > directly. ----
>
> Now, _that_ is what I call a progressive attitude.

I'm not sure whether you're being sarcastic or applauding my suggestion (english
is not my main language), but IMO using a portable, consistent and well known
interface is a lot more "progressive" than staying with the hack-like API
that RSVF undeniably have.

> Please convince Peter rottengatter and others to upgrade their stuff to
> use /dev/name instead of requesting the available ports through RSVF.
> Once someone manages to convinced those folks, we can breathe again.

I've only tried one program that insisted on having the RSVF-cookie present the
last three years, and that's CoMa. What apps do you use? I'd be very surprised if
STiNG needs this cookie, as I've been using STiNG under MiNT on my TT at 115200
without any problems.

/*
**
*/