Re: [MiNT] W for MacMiNT

Hi,

>I haven't yet done anything to MacMiNT port, but I ported Heretic
>to W sunday evening :))).  It's not really usable because W doesn't

Sorry, what's Heretic??

>differentiate between key presses and releases, but I might add
>support for those, at least for GGI.  What about MacMiNT, can
>you get key releases&presses separately?  Any thoughts how it
>would be best to do?

It's possible to query the MacOS for key release events--uhh, at least I think
it is...
But I can't think of a very good way to report this through a device driver.
Maybe setting the MSB to 1 for a keyup, 0 for a keydown... (as one probably
wouldn't want or need to use the extended Mac character set on MacMiNT)

BTW, I'll hopefully have a working diff soon; I'm going to download a new
version tonight. At one stage I thought diff -ud was working, but now
it seems not.

>For starters I have thought to add new window event request
>flag, which would tell server to send separate events for press
>and release.  *If* event stuff can provide release events,
>they are sent with this request in addition to normal key
>events which will now signify key presses, otherwise the
>flag is ignored.
>

>Now I'll add W mouse support to heretic (as it support also
>mouse as a control device) and maybe it will then be at least
>somewhat usable :)).  IMHO keyboard is must for games like
>those though.

ttfn
Jonathan