Re: [MiNT] kernel development

> > PS1=´$HOSTNAME:$PWD$´
>
> >From the bash man page:
>
>  Shell Variables
>        The following variables are set by the shell:
>  HOSTNAME
>               Automatically set to the name of the current  host.
>
> This is a function INSIDE bash...

Yes, or so I thought, but it fails....

I'm wondering _where_ and _how_ the shells are supposed to fetch it.
If they don't use 'hostname' God knows what can go wrong...

> it seams that the port you are using doesn't resolve the hostname
> from your system.

It seems so.  I haven't recompiled the shells yet, I use the KGMD
version of Bash.

> > Correct.  looking there, I notice baudrates above 38400 are not
> > mentioned.  should it be surprising that PPPD had to be patched?
>
> I belive it was because TOS itself doesn't know about speeds above
> 38400 or even 19200!

TOS doesn't know about rates above 19200 using Rsconf() but MiNT
does using Fcntl(tiocibaud) or Fcntl(tiocobaud) controls.

--
Martin-Eric Racine        http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/M-E/
The ATARI TT030 Homepage       http://funkyware.atari.org/TT030/